Every week my OB is very surprised to see us. I am STILL pregnant, but I did have some cervical change in the last week - dilated to 4cm/90% effaced.
Also, because of decreased baby movement I had a fetal non-stress test today at the hospital. We were there for a long time because he wasn't moving, so the RN gave a few little buzzes on my belly to wake him up. He moved a little, enough to satisfy the medical people.
Then I had an ultrasound to check the fluid, which seemed fine, but they found that the cord is wrapped around Charlie's neck and at this point it is extremely unlikely that he can unwrap it. The L/D RN said that it is probable that I will have a normal birth anyway. I haven't talked to my OB about this yet, but will choose not to worry too much about this.
Anyway, I am still under instruction to have my regular weekly checkup next Monday. For crying out loud, I hope Charlie gets here before then.
No comments:
Post a Comment