Well, we had to postpone the Harvest Festival until next Saturday because snow and rain are expected tomorrow. I am disappointed because Jimmy is flying in tonight and I thought he would have had a great time. This weather meant that all garden food has to be collected quickly and Keith and I each made a run out to the yard this evening to grab some fruit. We just filled up our shirts and pockets- not a real big effort. Tomorrow we will go out with buckets to really bring in the big haul. We'll also cut the pumpkins off the vine tomorrow. I can't wait for that!
It is so warm and cozy in here! Too bad I burned dinner.
Sam and Keith crash in the bean bag.
I've been forcing these paperwhites. Sam loves to watch the roots grow down and the leaves grow up!It is so warm and cozy in here! Too bad I burned dinner.
Sam and Keith crash in the bean bag.
First fire of the season!!
Last minute fruit grab! Since the first freeze of the season will be tonight/tomorrow, we ran around the yard collecting grapes off the vines, sweet plums and Asian pears. Jimmy arrives tonight, so tomorrow I think we'll be making a pear tart!




No comments:
Post a Comment