October 9, 2008

28 Week Update

So, you've been asking for pictures of the belly. Here you go.

The update is that there might be some cervical funneling, but the three perinatologists cannot agree on the ultrasound pictures. My OB said to keep exercising. Thank god. My mental health truly depends on it.

Also, on Monday and Tuesday they gave me steroid shots to boost Charlie's lungs, just in case he is born early. I'm very relieved that we did this and I advocated for it. Sam did not get steroids and might have avoided the NICU if we had been properly advised. The steroids did keep me from sleeping for two days and sent me into a manic tomato soup- apple sauce - smoked chicken soup making, cookie baking, lantern making, Harvest Festival preparing insane woman over two days. But I did get some sleep last night while my sainted husband cleaned up the apple sauce-tomato stained kitchen.

I'll continue to have ultrasounds every week for at least the next three weeks and then maybe the fibronectin test. We'll see.
Picture taken at Alta Lodge.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. BEAUTIFUL BELLY SHOT!! (And I know those kind of shots are hard for you and I truly thank you for sharing. You really are a beautiful pregnant woman!) AND I do know about the steroid-no sleeping-manic phases! In fact, as I type I am going through one right now. I hate them. I wish it made me bake like a crazy lady but I just eat, watch tv and talk like crazy when people decide to listen to me. So, I thing many around here wish I would just go to the kitchen and shut up and bake!!
    I am glad you got away. The little get aways really do make a difference. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete