This week everything looks stable. The perinatologist said today that I'll probably have 2-3 more ultrasounds (through 32 weeks) and then my OB will take it from there. I'm still getting progesterone injections and had the steroids.
He said, at this point, there is not a whole lot they can do to stop labor. The monitoring now is just 1)to make sure that I got the steroids in time; 2) to make sure that I don't open up and drop the baby on the floor; 3) to make sure that if I am going into labor early that the baby's head is down. If the kid's head is not down (which is more likely the earlier one is in the pregnancy) and I am suddenly in labor early, there may not be time to deal with it naturally and I would probably have a C-section. Obviously, I want to avoid that.
No comments:
Post a Comment