March 18, 2012

7 Miles, 6 To Go

I ran 7 miles Saturday morning.  7 painfully slow miles.  But I did it.   And tomorrow morning I am going to start working on speed.  A short, fast (for me) 3 mile run before Keith goes to work.

Next weekend I will do 8.  If I can increase my speed, I feel like I will be close to being on track after my month-long pneumonia-induced hiatus.

I am having a few problems with my big right toe and the bones or connective junk that is in my foot associated with that toe.  I went to a podiatrist a few years ago with no results.  If it gets worse, I will go to a sports doctor.  For now, I am working on strengthening my feet by using the 5-finger foot exercises.  I don't use 5-finger shoes, but the exercises have been recommended to help with this weird problem.

Yesterday I ran in shorts - 62 degrees.  Today it snowed.  Banjo LOVED it.

Loving running.  Truly. It makes me feel good.  I'm looking forward to after the race when I run more frequently for shorter times in the sunny summer weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment