May 27, 2008

First Wave of Haiku

We have such creative friends and family! Here are today's submissions:

Elisa Sims:

all packed up for
moving day, Penske arrives
Utah here we come!

seventy-four degrees--
sunny. Cottonwood blooms like
snow out my window.


Bradley Bryan:

floating, eyes open
life undulating in waves
I am hushed by awe.

Elizabeth Bertelsen:

Butterfly spreads bright wings
Touch azure sky fly fast and free
Nature is wise teacher

Lucy Fox:

I miss you through time
I love you across distance
Friendship does not fade

A little sister
Sam will be the big brother
And two proud parents

Janet Stone:

I walk in pain now.
A new hip fortnight away.
I eagerly wait.

Paul Holimon:

the worst is over,
the wreckage strewn about the
house. zane was bathed here.

Rick Hughes:

Sure sounds fun to me
Though I really do not care
See something good...share!

See the little fish
frozen in the ice so cold
like fish sticks I'm told.

What's that on your face
it looks like a little spot
hope that it's not snot!

Katie Ward:

"Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator."--Threadless T-shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment