This is Sam's piano lesson with Lillian. He took the summer off, but I asked him if he wanted to take another instrument in the fall and he said no. He'll start violin at Weilenmann School of Discovery this year and have piano lessons Monday afternoons.
We grew many different things from seed starting in February for our grand garden experiment. We had success and failure. The tomatoes died before transplanting, but the peppers have done pretty well and the columbine flowers I planted from seed are growing well too. It was such an long winter that many experienced gardeners are shocked that they still don't have tomatoes or are concerned that many things won't be ripe by the time the first snow hits - early to late October usually. We don't have many tomotoes yet (any day), lots of jalapenos and other hot peppers, lots of butternut squash, tomatillos, two watermelons, and onions. Our bell peppers might not happen before frost.
In April, I went crazy knitting little chicks for Easter. It was the last knitting I did before the weather reached about 50 degrees because an epic yard mess took the rest of the summer to deal with.
I'm now the Co-Director of the Norwegian Outdoor Exploration Center (www.thenoec.org ). Since I have been there I watched the Sandhill Cranes nest and raise their babies. I've also added programs and moved us to a more organized and professional non-profit.
Our office is at the Swaner EcoCenter (www.swanerecocenter.org ) in Park City and I work mostly from home, but am in the gorgeous office about once a week. I am also in the process of adding clients again.

No comments:
Post a Comment